HELP? Is there a way to completely disable Windows Live
Messenger; I don’t use don’t want to use it and find it annoying, in the
extreme, that each time I boot my laptop it requires three actions to completely
shut it down, so I really would appreciate your wisdom in providing a solution
to “disable it.” Thank you. – Gordon M.
If you don’t
ever want to use Live Messenger, you have a couple of options. You can prevent
it from starting automatically when you boot the computer by doing the
- Click the Start button and in the search box, type msconfig
- In the System Configuration utility, click the Startup tab.
- Scroll down to find the Windows Live Messenger item.
- Uncheck the checkbox.
- Click OK.
Another option is to uninstall it completely. To do
- Click Start | Control Panel.
- Select Programs/Programs and Features.
- Scroll down and double click Windows Live Essentials.
- In the “Uninstall or Repair Windows Live programs” wizard, click “Remove one
or more Windows Live programs.”
- Check the box for Messenger.
- Click the Uninstall button.