The thick borders on windows look great with Aero transparency, but if you prefer thinner borders, you can configure them to look the way you want. Or you can make them even thicker! Here’s how:
- Right click an empty area on the desktop and select Personalize.
- Click Window Color at the bottom.
- Click the Advanced appearance settings… link
- In the Advanced Appearance dialog box, in the drop-down box under “Item:” select Border Padding.
- In the “Size” field, change the default (4) to a lower number to reduce the size of the borders or a large number to increase it.
- Click OK.