Windows Media Player 12 in Windows 7 will add album art from its database, but some of the music you have might not be in its database. That doesn’t mean you’re out of luck when it comes to album art. Here’s how to add it yourself:
- Locate the correct album art online (or a graphic that you want to represent the album).
- In the browser window, right click the graphic and copy it to the clipboard.
- Using a graphics program, resize it, if necessary, to at least 200×200 pixels.
- In Windows Media Player, right click the generic album cover on the Library tab.
- Click Paste Album Art. This will save the graphic as hidden .JPG files to be displayed as the art for that album.